Sunday, April 12, 2015

Can't Look Away/ I Funny


Abby recommends Can't Look Away by Donna Cooner. This has become a popular book especially in my fifth period class. This book is about Torrey Grey who has become a famous Internet sensation because of her popular YouTube videos on beauty and fashion. But when her sister is killed in a tragic accident, Torrey learns that dealing with her sister's death in the public eye is incredibly difficult. Abby said, "It was a really good mystery, and it did have very realistic events. The author is very descriptive when writing. I really liked this book!" Can't Look Away can be located at Mrs. Baker's classroom library. Don't miss out on this fantastic story!

   
Austin recommends the I Funny series by James Patterson. This series is about a middle school student, Jamie Grimm, who wants to become a stand up comedian. Unfortunately, Jamie does not have much to laugh about in his life right now. He is living in a new town with his aunt, uncle and their evil son who mistreats Jamie at every available chance. When Jamie learns of the Planet's Funniest Kid Comic contest, he knows he must enter, but is he funny enough to win? Austin said, "I like this book because it is really funny. I also like books written in first person point of view and James Patterson wrote this in first person. I would recommend this series to anyone who likes The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series." This book can be found in Mrs. Baker's classroom library.

Mrs. Baker's Blurb: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
The first quarter of school, our core reading classes read Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor. This book is actually part of a series. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry is the fourth book in the Logan Family series. I know many of you really liked this book so I wanted to give you the names of the other books in this series. You should definitely check them out. They are available in our RSMS library.
Book 1: The Land
Book 2: The Well: David's Story
Book 3: Song of the Trees
Book 4: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
Book 5: Let the Circle Be Unbroken
Book 6: The Road to Memphis
Anthony really liked Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry so he checked out Let the Circle Be Unbroken at the RSMS library. Anthony said, "This book continued where Roll of Thunder left off. It includes more stories about their family and also included more members of their family, too. Also, you learn what happens to T.J. in this story. I recommend this book to anyone who liked Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment