Sunday, April 19, 2015

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series

 
Destiny and James recommend the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan. This series is about a young boy, named Percy Jackson, who discovers he is the son of the Greek God, Posidan. Percy goes to Camp Half-Blood where he learns that he is a demigod: half human and half god. Because he is the son of the such a powerful god, he is one of the most powerful demigods alive. This sets into motion mythical adventures that he and his friends must overcome. This book has been recommended by several boys and girls. The entire series can be found in Mrs. Baker's classroom library or the RSMS library. This is what some of my students are saying about Percy Jackson.
 
Destiny said, "I loved it because it throws a reality twist on gods and witches that I found to be very interesting."
 
James said, "This series had a lot of thrills. It was very exciting. It had fighting, creatures and gods. This whole series was really good!"
 
Mrs. Baker's Blurb: Testing is over!!
FSA is over! Let me say it again: FSA is over for sixth grade! I am so proud of each of you. You worked so hard. I know this test was exhausting for you. It was exhausting for me and I didn't even take it! I hope you have all had a fantastic weekend relaxing and enjoying your success! You deserve it. Class schedules will return to normal tomorrow, and I can't wait to see the faces that I didn't get to see last week! Great job everyone!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment